Lumpia Shanghai Recipe
I love Lumpia, this is like a tradition to us, that every Christmas and New Year's. We always have Lumpia on our table.This is very popular dish in the Philippines, as being "popular" there's a tons of recipes on how to make this dish, In our family we keep it simple. What makes it differ among the rest is the secret recipe I called " LOVE" the process of making it is very time consuming, specially if this is your first try. Once you practice it many times, you can do it in no time. Once you taste it, you gonna keep coming back for more!!I'll make it so simple yet so tasty just like how my Mom make when I was a little kid. Perfect for family dinner, potluck party and special occasion.
I'll show you how I make my version of Lumpia shanghai.
1 lb Ground pork
2 medium size carrots
2 clove garlic
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper
1) Put the carrots,onion and garlic in food processor, (if you have one) Or chopped (old tradition) into little pieces. Set aside;
2) In large bowl, mix all the ingredients ground pork, chopped veggies,eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix until combine together. Set aside;
1) Thaw the Lumpia wrapper ( find it at frozen section in any asian store) before using it.
Tip: Put it on microwave for 5 seconds. It's easy to remove the wrapper when its warm.
2) Put enough filling on the center of the wrapper. Fold the two end, and start rolling.
3) Put little water at the tip of the wrapper to seal the Lumpia.
1) Fry in on deep fryer on low for about 10-12 minutes. Until center is done and the wrapper is cripsy
Tip: Don't over crowd the fryer if you want crispy Lumpia.
2) Serve it with chilli sweet and sour sauce.