Hey! do you remember the last time you eat ensaymada? I can't..! this is my ultimate favorite when I was growing up.So I decided to make homemade ensaymada, At first I was kinda hesitant making it, because it seems like so hard that I might not get it right. I was RIGHT! the first time I made ensaymada it turn out disaster.. BIG TIME!. I tried it 2 more times still not right.. So I decided to use the recipe in making dinner rolls and It work out GREAT!
Ingredients:4-5 cups of flour
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cup milk
1) Mix the flour and yeast in bowl. Set aside;
2) Heat and stir the milk,sugar, butter and salt just until warm and butter almost melts.
3) Add to the dry ingredient, along with the eggs, mix it well.
4) Knead the dough in clean surface. Put it bowl and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
5) Cut the dough into long strips, roll it using rolling pin and roll it like cigar. Form into like ensaymada just like the picture on the top
6) Let it stand for 1 hour or so...at room temperature and then bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
7) Let it cool before for 30 minutes and then spread some butter on top and sprinkle it with white sugar.
8) Serve it anytime of the day!
This so yummy!! just like how I remember eating it when I was a kid. I was just so excited how it turn out this time. So I put butter right after I pulled it in the oven hahaha! I can't just wait.. so my kids! You bet they just like diving into it, specially with sugar on top.. ummhhh..as my kids screams YUMMO!